This collection of Air Fryer Mexican Recipes is exactly what you need for your Cinco de Mayo celebration. From classic fajitas, tacos, and burritos to corn on the cob, churros, Mexican cheese dip, and tortilla chips, flavorful Mexican fare is so easy to make in the air fryer!
Includes some recipes that are suitable for gluten free, low carb, and vegetarian diets. Weight Watchers points are also included.
Planning a Cinco de Mayo celebration? Good news: with the help of your trusty air fryer, you can cook up all sorts of Mexican recipes in less time, and with less work. And to make it easy, I’ve rounded up what I think are the best air fryer Mexican recipes for Cinco de Mayo.
I’m talking about all your favorite Mexican main dishes: chicken and pork fajitas, burritos, and tacos, plus appetizers, snacks, and sides like Mexcian street corn, crispy taquitos, jalapeno poppers, nachos, and even homemade tortilla chips and Mexican cheese dip. #muydelicioso.
Plus you can easily use it for Cooking Frozen Burritos In Air Fryer for ease and convenience.
Using the air fryer makes it so easy to whip up a celebration-worthy spread, and your food will turn out perfectly cooked.
Once you let the air fryer do the work for you, you’ll be making these Mexican recipes in air fryer not just for Cinco de Mayo, but any time you’re craving your favorite Mexican fare. Now that’s a reason to celebrate!
Benefits of Cooking with Air Fryer
it’s no wonder the air fryer has quickly become a kitchen MVP. It’s easy, convenient, and gives you a healthier alternative to deep frying. Here are some of the biggest benefits to cooking with air fryer;
- It’s Quick – because air is able to circulate around all sides of your food, the air fryer cooks food faster than a traditional oven.
- Healthier – food gets perfectly crispy on the outside with very little oil, or even no oil at all. So you can enjoy healthier versions of all your fried food favorites, like taquitos and churros.
- Frees Up Space – you can cook virtually anything in the air fryer, freeing up space in the oven, which can be a lifesaver when making large meals.
16 Air Fryer Recipes for Cinco de Mayo Celebrations
These easy air fryer Mexican recipes are just the thing for serving up on Cinco de Mayo. And they’re so delicious, you’ll want to continue making them throughout the year!
Air Fryer Main Dishes
With easy air fryer main dishes like these, you can add tons of color and flavor to your Cinco de May meal, without spending a ton of time in the kitchen!
Air Fryer Snack and Sides
It’s not a true celebration without an assortment of tasty appetizers and side dishes. And all of these air fryer recipes really deliver!
Tips for Success
- Do not crowd the basket! It’s very important to allow space for air to circulate around all sides of the food. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket or tray, you may need to cook in batches.
- Use a meat thermometer to check food for doneness.
- To ensure even cooking, it’s a good idea to turn food over (or give the basket a good shake) halfway through the cooking time.
Check out my 18 Tips for Better Air Frying post where you can learn even more handy tricks and tips for air frying success.
Prep Ahead and Storage
- Prep Ahead – Many air fryer recipes are so simple, that there is nothing to prepare in advance! But depending on the recipe, you can save even more time by chopping veggies and marinating meat in advance, then storing it in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
- Storage – Keep leftovers in airtight containers or ziptop bags. Be sure to consult the recipe instructions to learn whether to refrigerate or store on the counter.
Whether you need to preheat the air fryer or not depends on the recipe. For some foods, it may not be necessary, but other air fryer recipes will instruct you to preheat the air fryer before adding your food.
This post will help you learn when and how to Preheat Air Fryer so that your food turns out perfect every time.
Most air fryer baskets and trays have a nonstick coating that will help keep food from sticking. You can use a small amount of oil to make sure food does not stick. It is important to avoid certain types of cooking sprays, as they contain additives that can damage the air fryer’s non-stick coating.
You can also busy air fryer liners made from either parchment paper or silicone to place inside the basket or tray.
More Mexican Recipes You May Like
Even More Air Fryer Recipes
And check out this post for the very Best Air Fryer Recipes For Beginners.
Tips for Cooking with Air Fryer
For more helpful Air Fryer tips, check out these posts:
Thank you for reading my Air Fryer Mexican Recipes for Cinco de Mayo post. And please come visit again as I continue to slice, dice and dream up affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes and more. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog.