Juicy, sweet, and just a little bit sour, this sparkling watermelon lemonade is the most refreshing summer drink. Serve it at your next get-together and I promise it will be a huge hit!
Nothing complements a summer barbecue like a refreshing homemade beverage! This copycat Starbucks pink drink, mint julep, and pineapple lemonade are a few of my favorites!
Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
We’ve been going through a heat wave here in Utah and it’s been rough! The only thing keeping me going has been cold, refreshing drinks like this sparkling watermelon lemonade. It’s smooth, sweet, and just a little bit bubbly! It has been a hit at our summer barbecues and I’m sure you and yours will love it just as much!
It only takes a few simple ingredients to whip this up. Plus, you can use leftover watermelon! We always have quite a bit of it after a barbecue. This lemonade is great for customizing, too! Whether you want to add a splash of alcohol, fruit purées, or flavored syrups, it’s a great foundation to work with. You’ll want to have it around all summer long!
What You’ll Need to Make It
Just a handful of simple ingredients are needed here! All measurements can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Seedless Watermelon: I cut mine into small cubes so it blends more easily.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: I’ve found that fresh lemon juice gives lemonade the best flavor, but you can use bottled lemon juice if it’s easier for you!
- Granulated Sugar: This is the main sweetener of the drink. You can swap this out for things like honey, agave, or Stevia.
- Sparkling Water: I used a mix of lemon and watermelon sparkling water.
- Ice Cubes: You’ve got to have your drink served over ice on these hot summer days!
- Lemon and Watermelon Slices: For that picture-perfect garnish.
How to Make Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade
Only 3 easy steps here! This sparkling watermelon lemonade is the perfect thing to whip up before a get-together with friends or family.
- Blend: Place watermelon cubes into blender and blend until the watermelon is completely pureed. Pour over a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- Mix: Pour strained watermelon into a large pitcher. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice and sugar. Add lemon and watermelon flavored sparkling water. Stir well.
- Serve: Serve over ice and garnish with a lemon and/or watermelon slice.
Lemonades are great for customizing! Here are a few extra ways to jazz up your drink.
- Make it Boozy: For an adult version of this drink, try adding a splash of your favorite vodka!
- Add Other Fruits: Create a tasty flavor combination by adding in fruit purée or syrup to your drink! Give your watermelon lemonade a pop of rich berry flavor by adding in some blueberry syrup!
- No Bubbles: If you don’t want your lemonade to be carbonated, you can swap out the sparkling water for regular!
Storing Leftover Watermelon Lemonade
If you have leftover sparkling watermelon lemonade, you’ll want to keep it in an airtight pitcher so it doesn’t go flat quickly. It will last in the fridge for a day or two.
Place watermelon cubes into blender and blend until the watermelon is completely pureed. Pour over a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl.
Pour strained watermelon into a large pitcher. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice and sugar. Add lemon and watermelon flavored sparkling water. Stir well.
Serve over ice and garnish with a lemon and/or watermelon slice.
Calories148kcal (7%)Carbohydrates38g (13%)Protein1g (2%)Fat1g (2%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Sodium69mg (3%)Potassium241mg (7%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar34g (38%)Vitamin A1009IU (20%)Vitamin C30mg (36%)Calcium31mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.